Friday, November 4, 2016

My thoughts on the Great Awakening


      Today I am going to talk about my thoughts about the antebellum period discussed in chapter ten of the American Yawp. This chapter focused on talking about the different types of religions that sparked and the ones that already existed. Now it first talks about this era as also the Second Great Awakening. In other words, just about every religion in the U.S at the time had begun to grow in numbers. Preachers were coming out of nowhere and just spreading the word of their religion everywhere they could. They were taking advantage of people’s anxiety and want anthem to come to their church and so they could feel better. Meanwhile as they come in the more money they receive for the church and to pay themselves. Now this was with a lot of churches, but to with all of them. Some of the new churches that spawned I believed they didn’t want church leaders to be paid, but to teach and preach from the heart. One of those churches for examples is the Latter-day saints. I happen to be one of them and I have done research on my religion to find out that he did just that. I just thought that was cool. Another thing that caught my eye that I liked was the message, “the eternal ONE,’ manifested through the special harmony between the individual soul and nature” these have been my thoughts about the religion portion of this chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment