Before:
When I think of our nation’s founders, I immediately ask myself, “how did they
accomplish all they did?” They built America from the ground up. Whether we realize it or not, they were risk takers. These men had a lot of weight upon their shoulders as they laid the foundation for an entire country. They were making decisions that not only effected everyone alive then, but also everyone alive for years to come. Our constitution has been set for many long years and will more than likely remain in effect until the end of time. With that being said, I think the Revolutionaries truly knew what they were doing when they sat down and discussed the intentions for our country. To myself, this does not seem like an easy task. They had to take chances and understand that everyone was not going to agree with every little piece they included in our constitution. I am sure they received plenty of rude comments and lost support from many people along the way. This was a difficult, large task that had to be tackled. There was no question that our country needed good founders that could make positive decisions for our country. I like the fact that they are thought of as “risk takers” because without any risky decisions, it’s hard to make a big difference in the world. You have to be willing to take chances in order to gain great things in life. I believe these men truly understood that anything worth having takes hard work and dedication.
After:
Today everyone wants to believe that the American Revolutionaries knew exactly what
they were talking about all the time. They want our constitution to be flawless even though that is nearly impossible. When the constitution was written, people like Thomas Paine seemed so confident that he claimed the language was “as plain as A, B, C” (paragraph 1). It would be nice if this were true, but that is unlikely. I agree with many other people’s belief that this is too good to be true. That is why this became recognized as the “Fable of Founder Certainty”. It was written based upon what each individual thought to be true. As humans, that is the best we can do. We can only live by what we believe to be true. Things are going to change as the present becomes history. That truth is inevitable. The Revolutionaries also accepted the fact that some of their ideas would turn out to be inaccurate. They used this to their benefit and used their doubts to better the next idea. It is true that “doubt was a building block of civil
society” (paragraph 15). I respect these men for bettering themselves, and our nation by admitting that they are not always one hundred percent correct. They understood that people’s opinions, senses, and interpretations all differ. Therefore, it is not right to say one is more correct than the other. Many people questioned the founders of our country, but I applaud these men for their hard work. Instead of copying another nation’s “perfect” ways, they did the best they could by putting their best thoughts together and making America as great as they possibly could.
When I think of our nation’s founders, I immediately ask myself, “how did they
accomplish all they did?” They built America from the ground up. Whether we realize it or not, they were risk takers. These men had a lot of weight upon their shoulders as they laid the foundation for an entire country. They were making decisions that not only effected everyone alive then, but also everyone alive for years to come. Our constitution has been set for many long years and will more than likely remain in effect until the end of time. With that being said, I think the Revolutionaries truly knew what they were doing when they sat down and discussed the intentions for our country. To myself, this does not seem like an easy task. They had to take chances and understand that everyone was not going to agree with every little piece they included in our constitution. I am sure they received plenty of rude comments and lost support from many people along the way. This was a difficult, large task that had to be tackled. There was no question that our country needed good founders that could make positive decisions for our country. I like the fact that they are thought of as “risk takers” because without any risky decisions, it’s hard to make a big difference in the world. You have to be willing to take chances in order to gain great things in life. I believe these men truly understood that anything worth having takes hard work and dedication.
After:
Today everyone wants to believe that the American Revolutionaries knew exactly what
they were talking about all the time. They want our constitution to be flawless even though that is nearly impossible. When the constitution was written, people like Thomas Paine seemed so confident that he claimed the language was “as plain as A, B, C” (paragraph 1). It would be nice if this were true, but that is unlikely. I agree with many other people’s belief that this is too good to be true. That is why this became recognized as the “Fable of Founder Certainty”. It was written based upon what each individual thought to be true. As humans, that is the best we can do. We can only live by what we believe to be true. Things are going to change as the present becomes history. That truth is inevitable. The Revolutionaries also accepted the fact that some of their ideas would turn out to be inaccurate. They used this to their benefit and used their doubts to better the next idea. It is true that “doubt was a building block of civil
society” (paragraph 15). I respect these men for bettering themselves, and our nation by admitting that they are not always one hundred percent correct. They understood that people’s opinions, senses, and interpretations all differ. Therefore, it is not right to say one is more correct than the other. Many people questioned the founders of our country, but I applaud these men for their hard work. Instead of copying another nation’s “perfect” ways, they did the best they could by putting their best thoughts together and making America as great as they possibly could.
No comments:
Post a Comment