1. Honestly, all I know about the founding fathers is that they helped with the structure and development of our country. I know a few of the founding fathers including Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Ben Franklin, but I honestly don't know their affect on our country and how or if they benefitted to the development of our country. The founding fathers attended the Constitutional Convention where the constitution was ratified. Individually, I know Thomas Jefferson was the main contributor to writing the Declaration of Independence. The founding fathers main objective was to separate the United States of America from Britain. A few of the original founding fathers also went on to be the President at some point years later.
2. After reading, I realized the founding fathers weren't very familiar with politics nor economics. Instead of acting like they knew what was going on they accepted the fact they didn't know. The founding fathers learned through mistakes and moving on even though they didn't know what was ahead. They used enlightenment ideas to gain power and a sense of standing. This is when they were able to loosen the restraints that were placed on them by other countries. They declared everyone had the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Then came the drafting of the constitution which the founding fathers believed would help govern the people. The founding fathers were by no means geniuses. Most of everything they were able to accomplish was from learning by their mistakes. They used indigenous ideas and somewhat molded them into their own. They gave the future generations of America a foundation to build on and the ability to change the structure of the country if it is needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment