A course blog from the students in HY 201 Dual Enrollment at Jacksonville State University and Jacksonville High School, Fall term 2016
Friday, October 14, 2016
Founding Fathers
I see The Founding Fathers of America as a group of brilliant, hard working individuals who longed for freedom and would stop at nothing to obtain it. They remind me of a generation in America that is fading away. Farmers with an outstanding work ethic who work until the job is done, no matter how difficult. When they run into a problem they fix it and don't rely on anyone else to do it for them. They don't run away from a challenge; instead, they run at it determined to conquer it. It is as if the desire to complete things to the best of our ability is a trait that has faded from generation to generation. They are also brilliant individuals who where able to create a government from nothing. They had strong core values that fueled their desire for "one nation under God", as we are reminded by the pledge of allegiance. These values ostracized them from others in England, yet brought them together in America. They believed in freedom more than anything and their determination to find this freedom is what I admire most about Our Founding Fathers. The three main characteristics I see in Our Founding Fathers are determination, hard working mentality, and intelligence. Along with the longing desire for freedom these are the reasons they were able to form America from nothing. After I began to read more about The Founding Fathers I realized there is much more to their story. Yes, they were hard working and intelligent, but they were also ignorant or uncertain about many things. Such as, politics, nature, society, economics, human beings and happiness. As a result they were full of doubt that pushed them to learn more and become more knowledgeable of the world. The Founding Fathers built all of America on uncertainty. They didn't know that the Constitution would be the basis of our government for its whole existence. They wrote with so many questions about life and how everything works they could not have been anything but uncertain if it would work. I don't see the founding fathers much different as I did before. They are still hard working and intelligent, but they are also ignorant or uncertain about so many things. This doesn't degrade their image in American society it just reveals that they aren't perfect they are just like our society today. This doesn't make us respect them any less. It actually makes me respect them even more. The fact that they created our government from nothing is outstanding, but it is more impressive that they did this with so little knowledge about politics, nature, society, economics, human beings, and happiness. The amount of respect I had before reading about our Founding Fathers has greatly increased because I now realize that it was a lot harder then I realized
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment