Saturday, October 22, 2016

The Articles of Confederation and the Constitution



         Today I’m am going to talk about how I would defend the articles of confederation (Anti-Federalists party). I am also going to defend the constitution (Federalist party). First off though I am all for the federalist party in the fact that I believe that we all have equal freedom and that define all the rights we should have is not right. I say this in the fact that it restricts us from what we can and cannot do. For instance, let’s say the constitution says we can own land, vote, and drive. What about our other rights? So, what was put down is that whatever rights and rules that are not in the constitution; Those laws will be left up to the state’s legislature. Now to defend the articles of confederation. They set a standard for being the big ruler of the law of the land. It’s the big dog so to say. It also could hold the country together and it helped get through the revolutionary war which ended with the treaty of Paris to help us find this country. The articles also played a part in slavery by playing the first part in the long pathway to ending it in the us for once and for all. They were also good because they were kind of the test government in which we could look off and make a new one that is better. We could see all of it’s flaws and correct them.

No comments:

Post a Comment