Monday, October 17, 2016

Founding Fathers

Before reading, I believed the Founding Fathers of our country were some of the greatest people to ever walk on Earth. They were able to build this amazing country that we live in from the ground up and knew what would make us successful. They were the leaders of the Constitutional Convention. For heavens sake they wrote the Declaration of Independence! They were geniuses! Its nearly impossible to believe that these 7 men should not be held accountable for our nations' success. I couldn't imagine what our country would be like today without them.
   Man, was I wrong. After reading, I realized that they never truly knew what they were doing. That we were essentially led by a group of "blind" men. Yes, they still did do a lot to help us get to where they are but we could have been tricked into doing something terrible. You say, "They would never do that!" ,but would we have ever known if they did? Today, as a nation, we tend to eat unaware of what's going around.. Could you imagine how it would've been two hundred years ago? All this being said, I still believe that they should receive a lot of credit for the success we have had. Even though they lied and were deceptive, our Founding Fathers did everything necessary to get us our freedom. It's crazy to think that they did it untruthfully, but doesn't it make sense ? It explains why so much has had to be changed over the past two hundred plus years. Things are going to continue to change in America because we can't always get it right the first time. It's not because we always have bad leaders or a corrupt government. It's because we, like our Founding Fathers are humans. And that isn't going to change

No comments:

Post a Comment