Friday, October 14, 2016

Before & After

How do I feel about the founding fathers before I have read the handout? I feel that the founding fathers did and incredible job of making this country due to the fact it's still up and running well.  One reason I believe the founding fathers did a good job of forming this country is because at the time it was unheard of to have a democracy of this kind. Everyone, especially in Europe, had a king and/or a queen, which is known as a monarchy. Some counties had a parliament in order to help create and manage law but, sometimes it was just the king or queen who had absolute power. I believe even with the intelligent minds of the founding fathers that creating the democracy we have today it was still probably extremely difficult in order to create this country. It was probably a system of trial and error just like many things are today. I know that making a country is not an easy task and that the founding fathers were faced with many difficult decisions and task they had to face. Although it might have been difficult to create this country the founding fathers thought they got it right the first time. This proved to be wrong when they would change or add amendments to the constitution. In the end the founding father did a good job in my opinion due to the fact this had never been done before by a country in this time period.





How do I feel about the founding fathers after I have read the handout? After I read the paper it made me understand that what the founding fathers did was far from what I thought. They had a lot more trouble and a ton of confusion to make this country. The author uses a metaphor where he compares the founding fathers to skating on thin ice. I think the author would use something like this due to the fact that founding fathers had no idea what they were doing and how to make this country. Every time the founding fathers had ideas they would all doubt each other. They asked questions like would it work? Is it right? There was lots of confusion between the founding fathers. I believe this might make you think this made our country weak at first but, in fact it made the country stronger. It made them think harder and longer about how they truly wanted to approach making the United States constitution. This meant they would ask hard questions and find the answers to these questions. They made sure that every word that was printed on the United States constitution had a purpose and a meaning. Ultimately what makes us drive and succeed is when we fail and learn and/or we learn by asking questions and finding the answer to those questions. The founding father did this a lot and without them failing or asking difficult questions this country might not have been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment